in ,

Mac Miller’s Death Ruled An Accidental Overdose

Back in September, the entertainment industry was saddened by the death of rapper Mac Miller. The 26-year-old had suffered from drug abuse problems that he was fairly open about through his music. At the time of his death, it looked like he died from a drug overdose, and toxicology reports that were released from the Los Angeles County Department of Medical Examiner-Coroner recently confirmed this belief. A mix of fentanyl, cocaine, and ethanol were found in the rapper’s system.

Fentanyl is a synthetic drug that produces morphine-like effects. It is the leading cause of accidental overdoses. It is also 30 times more powerful than heroin and is a very deadly and dangerous substance. Fentanyl has claimed the lives of other influential entertainment artists in the past few years such as Prince and Lil Peep.

The recent report described the state of Miller’s apartment when he was found dead. According to Variety, there was a small bag of a “white powdery substance” and an empty bottle of liquor found in the studio room. A bottle of prescription medications were also found in his bedroom along with a rolled up 20 dollar bill with white substances on it found in Miller’s pocket.

His death was ruled accidental by the coroner. The release of the report definitely brings some closure to fans and the family. It’s just so sad to see another beautiful life fall victim to drug addiction and its effects.

 

By Kyla Hubbard, Junior, Whitney M Young Magnet High School

Instagram: @kyy.r

Kyla Hubbard

Written by Kyla Hubbard

When I'm not dancing, I'm writing. And if I'm not writing, I'm sleeping. Yeah I know, I have a pretty boring life.

Tis’ The Season To Be SAD

Flashback Friday: 1995 Hot R&B/Hip-Hop