Registration in the True Star Community is only available to users who are thirteen (13) years of age or older and we reserve the right to terminate any registration we believe was registered by someone under thirteen (13) years of age. By registering, you represent and warrant to us that (a) all registration information you submit is truthful and accurate; (b) you will maintain the accuracy of such information; and (c) that you are thirteen (13) years of age or older. You are solely responsible for any and all use of your account and for keeping your registration information current and confidential, and you agree to notify us immediately if you suspect any unauthorized use of your account
Message Boards and Other Postings. To the extent that portions of the True Star Websites provide users an opportunity to submit, post, and exchange ideas, information and other material (the “Postings”) and their online user names (the “User Names”), please be advised that Postings do not necessarily reflect the views of True Star. In no event shall True Star assume or have any responsibility or liability for any Postings or User Names or for any claims, damages or losses resulting from their use and/or appearance on this Site. You hereby represent and warrant that you have all necessary rights in and to all Postings and User Names you provide and that such Postings and User Names shall not infringe any proprietary or other rights of third parties or contain any libelous, tortious, or otherwise unlawful information.
By submitting a Posting, you hereby authorize True Star to use, and authorize others to use, your Postings and User Names in whole or in part, on a royalty-free basis throughout the universe in perpetuity in any and all media, now known or hereafter devised, alone, or together or as part of other material of any kind or nature, including without limitation commercial use on and advertising and promotion of the Site. Without limiting the foregoing, True Star will have the right to use and change the Postings in any manner, either with or without the User Name, which True Star may determine. Notwithstanding the foregoing, True Star will have no obligation to use the Postings or the User Names. Additionally, True Star may sweep its message boards and Postings regularly in its sole discretion. Please be advised that in no event shall True Star assume or have any responsibility or liability for the manner in which the Posting is exploited or for any claim, damages or losses resulting from their use and/or appearance on True Star, affiliated television program services or elsewhere.
True Star does not allow, and you agree not to provide, any Postings which contain:
- Private or personal information which might identify a user
- Profanity or obscenities
- Personal attacks on other individuals
- Slanderous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, threatening and harassing comments; and/or
- Other information that True Star deems in its sole discretion to be inappropriate for any of the True Star Websites.
The activities and message boards may be used by visitors to our Site for noncommercial purposes only. Users may not post any information intended to promote and/or generate revenue for any third party business activity. Although True Star regularly monitors the content posted on this Site, we cannot be responsible for the views or opinions expressed by third parties. Nonetheless, True Star will make every effort to ensure that the activities and message boards best serve the interests of all users and, therefore, True Star reserves the right to edit, delete or refuse to post messages that contain any of the above referenced elements, as well as revoke the privileges of users who do not comply with such rules.
If you believe that any content on the Site (including, without limitation, Postings) violates any of the terms of this Agreement (except for any notices covered by the Copyright Compliance Policy), please click here to send us a message about it. We cannot guarantee that we will respond to your message and we reserve the right to take or refrain from taking any or all steps available to us once we receive any such message.
- Personal Login Information. Certain features and areas of the True Star Websites are available only with registration, login, such as True Star Member account number, and/or a paid subscription. If you are required to register and select a unique login and password (“Personal Login Information”), you must keep your Personal Login Information confidential, including taking appropriate measures to maintain the confidentiality, such as logging off and closing the Internet browser, especially when you are connected to the Internet through an unsecured network or when using a public computer. Your Personal Login Information is personal to you and you may not allow any third party to use it under any circumstances. is not liable for any harm caused by or related to the theft, misappropriation, disclosure, or unauthorized use of your Personal Login Information. You must contact the True Star immediately if you become aware of or believe there is or may have been any unauthorized use of your Personal Login Information, or otherwise wish to deactivate your Personal Login Information due to security concerns.
- User Obligations. You warrant that you will abide by, without limitation, all applicable local, state, national and international laws and regulations with respect to your use of the True Star Websites and not interfere with the use and enjoyment of the True Star Websites by other users or with ‘s operation and management of the True Star Websites. You will, at all times, provide true, accurate, current, authorized, and complete information when submitting information or materials on the True Star Websites, including, without limitation, information required to be provided through an True Star Website registration form. If any false, inaccurate, untrue, unauthorized or incomplete information is submitted by you, reserves the right to terminate your access and use of the True Star Websites. You warrant that you will not impersonate any other person or entity, whether actual or fictitious, when using the True Star Websites, or defame or otherwise harm any party, including, through your use of the True Star Websites.
- Proprietary Rights. The content of the True Star Websites includes, without limitation, (i) True Star’s trademarks, service marks, logos, brands, and brand names, trade dress and trade names and other distinctive identification (collectively “True Star Marks”); and (ii) information, data, materials, interfaces, computer code, databases, products, services, software applications and tools, text, images, photographs, audio and video material, including podcasts, and artwork, and (iii) the design, structure, selection, compilation, assembly, coordination, expression, functionalities, applications, look and feel, and arrangement of any content contained in or available through the True Star Websites (the items identified in subsections (i) (ii) and (iii) shall be collectively referred to herein as “True Star Content”). True Star Content is the property of True Star, its licensors, sponsors, partners, advertisers, content providers or other third parties and is protected by law including, but not limited to, copyright, trade secret, patent, and trademark law, as well as other state, national and international laws, treaties and regulations. The reproduction, transmission, distribution, sale, publication, broadcast, circulation or dissemination of any True Star Content by you, or by you through any other person or entity, is prohibited unless express written consent is separately obtained from the or the owner of such content if the is not the owner. For reprints, contact the True Star here. Any use of the True Star Marks without True Star’s express written consent is strictly prohibited. You may not alter, delete, obscure or conceal any copyright or other notices appearing in the True Star Content, including any such notices appearing on any True Star Content you are permitted to download, transmit, display, print, or reproduce from the True Star Websites.
- Responsibility for Use of the Internet and Websites and Exclusion of Liability. Use of the Internet and the True Star Websites is solely at your risk and is subject to, without limitation, all applicable local, state, national and international laws and regulations. Unless expressly required by law, the does not guarantee the confidentiality or security of any communication or other material transmitted to or from the True Star Websites over the Internet or other communication network. True Star shall not be obligated to correct or update the True Star Websites or the True Star Content and shall not be liable for omissions, typographical errors, or out-of-date information which may appear on the True Star Websites.
- Third Party Information. The True Star Websites may feature materials, information, products, and services provided by third parties. Any such information, including but not limited to articles, press clippings, opinions, advice, statements, services, offers or other information made available by third parties such as content providers and other users of the True Star Websites are those of the respective third party and not of True Star or its affiliates. True Star makes no representation with respect to, nor does it guarantee or endorse, the quality, non-infringement, accuracy, completeness, timeliness, or reliability of such third party materials, information, services or products.
- Notice For Claims Of Intellectual Property Or Copyright Infringement; Agent For Notice Of Infringement. True Star respects the intellectual property of others, and, particularly as to user generated content in comments and on discussion boards, as applicable, we ask our users to do the same. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, or your intellectual property rights have been otherwise violated, please provide the True Star’s Copyright Agent the following information:
- an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright or other intellectual property interest;
- a description of the copyrighted work or other intellectual property that you claim has been infringed;
- a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the site;
your address, telephone number, and email address;
- a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright or intellectual property owner or authorized to act on the copyright or intellectual property owner’s behalf.
The True Star’s Copyright Agent for notice of claims of copyright or other intellectual property infringement can be reached as follows:
Attn: Law Office of Alexis Hart McDowell
By phone: (312) 884-1424
By fax: (773) 536-3161
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Advertisers. The True Star Websites may contain advertisements of third parties. The inclusion of advertisements on the True Star Websites does not imply endorsement of the advertised products or services by True Star. True Star shall not be responsible for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the presence of such advertisements on the True Star Websites. Further, shall not be responsible or liable for the statements or conduct of any third party advertisers appearing on the True Star Websites. You shall be solely responsible for any correspondence or transactions you have with any third party advertisers.
- Links to Third Party Websites. The True Star Websites may provide links (including any link through an on-line banner advertisement) to other sites on the Internet for your convenience. These other sites are maintained by third parties over which exercises no control. The appearance of any such third party links is not intended to endorse any particular company or product. If you decide to access any of the third party sites linked to the True Star Websites, you do so entirely at your own risk.
- Links to Websites, Content, Sharing of Content. Links posted by third parties to the True Star Websites and/or True Star Content may not use the True Star trademark or logo and shall not suggest that True Star promotes or otherwise endorses any third party products, business relationships, services, causes, campaigns, Websites, content, or information. Any links to any portion of the True Star Websites shall be the responsibility of the linking party. True Star reserves the right to require any linking party to disable or remove any link that violates True Star’s policies, rights or causes interruption or deterioration of True Star Content.
- Sharing of Content. You may download or copy True Star Content and other downloadable items displayed on the True Star Websites for personal use only, provided that you maintain all copyright and other notices contained therein. Copying or storing of any True Star Content for other than personal use is expressly prohibited without prior written permission from, or the copyright holder identified in the copyright notice contained in the True Star Content.
- Warranties Disclaimed. THE WEBSITES AND CONTENT ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE.” NEITHER True Star, ITS AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, MEMBERS, OR TRUSTEES NOR ANY OF ITS AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES, SUPPLIERS, ADVERTISERS, CONTRACTORS, PROMOTIONAL PARTNERS, OR LICENSORS (COLLECTIVELY “True Star PARTIES”) PROVIDE ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY THAT (i) THE True Star WEBSITES OR True Star CONTENT, OR ANY RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED BY YOU, ARE COMPLETE, ACCURATE, RELIABLE OR NON-INFRINGING; (ii) ACCESS TO THE True Star WEBSITES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR FREE; (iii) THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, INFORMATION OR OTHER MATERIAL PURCHASED OR OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH THE True Star WEBSITES WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS; OR (iv) True Star CONTENT WILL REMAIN UNCHANGED OR ACCESSIBLE ON THE True Star WEBSITES. ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, ARE DISCLAIMED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND/OR NON-INFRINGEMENT OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY.
- Exclusion of and Limitation of Liability. THE TRUE STAR PARTIES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE, AND DISCLAIM ANY LIABILITY, FOR ANY CLAIM, LOSS OR DAMAGE, DIRECT OR INDIRECT, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, COMPENSATORY, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER IN CONNECTION WITH, AS A RESULT OF, OR ARISING (i) OUT OF THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE TRUE STAR WEBSITES AND/OR ANY TRUE STAR CONTENT; (ii) FROM ANY INTERRUPTION IN THE AVAILABILITY OF THE TRUE STAR WEBSITES AND/OR TRUE STAR CONTENT; (iii) FROM ANY LOSS OF DATA AND/OR FROM ANY EQUIPMENT FAILURE; (iv) OUT OF THE PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES RESULTING FROM ANY PROBLEMS WITH THE GOODS, CONTENT AND/OR SERVICES PURCHASED OR OBTAINED FROM THE TRUE STAR WEBSITES, OR TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO, THROUGH OR FROM THE TRUE STAR WEBSITES; (v) FROM UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA; (vi) FROM STATEMENTS OR CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY ON THE TRUE STAR WEBSITES; (vii) FROM ANY DELAY OR FAILURE OF THE TRUE STAR WEBSITES ARISING OUT OF CAUSES BEYOND TRUE STAR’S CONTROL; (viii) OUT OF THE USE OF, REFERENCE TO, OR RELIANCE ON, THE TRUE STAR CONTENT; (ix) OUT OF ANY THIRD PARTY MATERIALS, INFORMATION, PRODUCTS AND SERVICES CONTAINED ON, OR ACCESSED THROUGH, THE TRUE STAR WEBSITES (x) OUT OF ANY CONTENT, MATERIALS, ACCURACY OF INFORMATION, AND/OR QUALITY OF THE PRODUCTS, SERVICES OR MATERIALS PROVIDED BY OR ADVERTISED ON THIRD PARTY WEBSITES; OR (xi) OUT OF ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING TO THE TRUE STAR WEBSITES OR TRUE STAR CONTENT.
- Exclusions permitted by law. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OR THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR LOSS OR DAMAGE CAUSED BY NEGLIGENCE, BREACH OF CONTRACT OR BREACH OF IMPLIED TERMS, OR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. ACCORDINGLY, ONLY THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS IN SECTIONS 16 AND 17 WHICH ARE LAWFUL IN YOUR JURISDICTION WILL APPLY TO YOU AND ‘S LIABILITY WILL BE LIMITED TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
Neither party consents or agrees to any arbitration on a class or representative basis, and the arbitrator shall have no authority to proceed with an arbitration on a class or representative basis. No arbitration will be consolidated with any other arbitration proceeding without the consent of all parties. Any claim or controversy as to the enforceability of this arbitration provision’s restriction on your right to participate in or pursue a class action or class-wide arbitration shall be brought only in the United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois or any State of court located in Cook County, Illinois.
- Statute of Limitations. Regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action arising out of or related to your use of the True Star Websites must be filed by you within one (1) year after such claim or cause of action arose or be forever barred.
Revised Month day, 2012